A glimpse at the job:
POWERED BY TRUST. At Safran Electrical & Power, we're all about trust: the trust employees place in the Safran Group and the trust customers place in us. We trust our employees to bring bold ideas to build the future of aerospace together, contributing to our ranking by Forbes as the 28th World's Best Employer in 2022. In the role of Program Manager, you will provide internal direction, leadership and accountability for key program management efforts among and across all department lines. The Program Manager is responsible for managing the development of simple program(s) during the entire program life cycle under the supervision of the Program Management Office (PMO). The Program Manager has the expertise and the responsibility to organize, coordinate and monitor all elements of the program, with the support of all the departments in order to satisfy the contracting party or customer. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry as we build smarter electrical solutions for a better flight, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
- Establishing the overall program plan / schedule of new products or changes based on strategies and keeping it up to date.
- Working with engineering, operations, QA, and sales to ensure that the planning activities and their progress are compatible with keeping program gate reviews on schedule.
- Maintaining the profitability of the program and monitoring regularly cost reduction plans.
- Monitoring with the support of operations and QA schedule and quality conformance in line with customers' expectations.
- Highlighting areas needing improvement, and monitoring the outcomes.
- Providing to the PMO and program team with weekly updates, at a minimum, of status vs. plan in customer status and expectations, including functional design, costs, scope, pricing, content, changes, delivery, documentation, and supplier performances.
- Ensuring company policies and documentation required throughout the entire project life cycles have been following by the entire program stakeholders.
As the North American headquarters for Safran Electrical & Power, the Denton, Texas facility's diverse team works together to innovate smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. Safran is a champion of the local community and supports programs like United Way, Serve Denton, and the Denton Independent School District, among other local organizations. Safran has won many prestigious awards from our customers, including the Sikorsky Elite Supplier and the Boeing Supplier of the Year. Located in the heart of North Texas, Denton is home to two major universities and a vibrant arts and music community!
Discover Safran through our videos: https://www.safran-group.com/videos/safran-corporate.
Ongoing initiatives, like [email protected] and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
The CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) strategy, Engage for the Future, is based on four pillars: decarbonizing aviation, being an exemplary employer, exemplifying responsible industry, and affirming our commitment to society. In response to the urgent climate challenge, Safran has an ambitious policy to support the transition to carbon-neutral aviation by 2050, involving all of our teams in the solutions. At Safran, we are passionate employees who work together for a sustainable future.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, hybrid remote work, flexible work scheduling and paid leave. We offer the opportunity for a rich and diverse career across over 300 job fields and international sites while our teams work to continuously develop their skills.
Relocation assistance offered for this position.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering or related field and 5 years in production management, Engineering, or Project management or combination of education and experience.
- Prefers 5 years of wiring and/or panel manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of Program Management methodologies and proven ability to manage successful Program and/or Project Teams necessary - Expert
- Must have proven analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to effectively motivate both internal and external resources to achieve objectives - Expert
- Effective negotiating skills - Advanced
- Must have the ability to lead cross-functional teams - Expert
- Extensive verbal and technical writing skills and excellent presentation skills required - Expert
- Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office packages - Advanced
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- Team oriented
- Process focused
- Open & honest communication
- Quality minded
- Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- Recognizes success
- Executes with urgency
- Creates solutions
- Customer focused in everything we do
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] or call: 940-272-5725. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Citizens, or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 11,500 employees across thirteen different countries.
More than 5 years