Supervisor Material Stores
Our Company Promise
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
All of Southwest's People come together to deliver on our purpose; Connecting People to what's important in their lives through friendly, reliable, and low-cost air travel. The Supervisor Material Stores supports our Purpose by overseeing Store Operations and Material Specialists. This role ensures compliance for tools and parts and has their Team replenish or schedule maintenance for them if they aren't up to standard. Supervisors Material Stores are Leaders with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, which they'll utilize to provide a safe work environment for Employees.
As a Supervisor Material Stores, you can expect:
A role that includes working assigned shifts based on seniority. Shifts can include early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
U.S. citizenship or current authorization to work in the U.S. required and no current or future work authorization sponsorship available.
For eligible Leadership and individual contributor roles, additional bonus opportunities are available and awarded at the discretion of the Company.
Fly for free, as a privilege, on any open seat on all Southwest flights-your eligible dependents too.
Up to a 9.3% 401(k) Company match, dollar for dollar, per paycheck.*
Potential for annual ProfitSharing contribution toward retirement - when Southwest profits, you profit.**
Explore more Benefits you'll love:
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We continue to look for opportunities to reflect the communities we serve, and welcome applicants with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, and experiences.
- Ensures Material Stores delivers Customer Service to the SWA Technical Operations Department. Supervises the Material Specialists in the Store and Line environment to ensure compliance for all part shipments for AOG, MELs, Pre draw, HAZMAT, and replenishment materials. Provides audit oversight and ensures all MPM and other company policies and procedures and FAA, OSHA, and Safety guidelines are followed.
- Guide and lead Team Members using SWA talent management practices to coach, develop and engage Employees
- Adhere to Company values and competencies to foster a culture of inclusion, recognition, and support of a safe work environment
- Invest in Leadership and self-growth through participating in continuous learning and development
- Provide daily oversight of Material Stores and Line material operations
- Oversee and problem solve issues associated with inventory accuracy, parts issuing, shipping, receiving, stocking, material handling, and equipment
- Provide oversight of the movement of all parts and supplies to outstations
- Responsible for warehouse operations
- Supervise Union Employees and ensure compliance with all work rules
- Conduct Material Stores audits
- Develop shift schedules, approve Material Specialists' time off, award overtime
- Oversee Material Specialist's training requirements and monitor attendance
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, Leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of People and resources
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management (Purchasing, Material Planning, Repairs)
- Knowledge of stockroom procedures and Material Stores functions
- Knowledge of aircraft tooling and testing equipment
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods shipping and chemical storage segregation
- Skilled in recognizing a problem, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Skilled in communicating effectively, both oral and written, and have the ability to speak in group situations
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Fully functioning, broad knowledge in:
- Material Stores, warehouse inventory management, logistics, or airline operations
- Aviation or Supply Chain Management
- Ability to perform work duties from [limited space work station/desk/office area] for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate and interact with others in the English language to meet the demands of the job
- Ability to use a computer and other office productivity tools with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job
- Ability to move/transport 75 lbs. on an occasional basis (under 50%)
- Ability to operate motorized vehicles/equipment
- Ability to raise 75 lbs. on an occasional basis (under 50%)
- Must be able to remain in a stationary seated position for over 50% of the time
- Must be able to remain in a stationary upright position for over 50% of the time
- Ability to traverse from one location to another
- Ability to perform assigned duties in outdoor and inclement weather conditions
- Ability to perform assigned duties with potential exposure to excessive noise, vibrations and/or sensory conditions
- Ability to compose text
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be able to obtain a driver's license
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have the authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be able to travel
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, work holidays, and weekends
*401(k) match contributions are subject to the plan's vesting schedule and applicable IRS limits
**ProfitSharing contributions are subject to plan's vesting schedule and are made at the discretion of the Company
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save this job description because it won't be available after you apply.
Similar jobs near me
- Exploring the Income Potential of an Insurance Underwriter
- Understanding the Role of an Underwriter in Insurance
- Navigating the Job Market: Tips for Insurance Underwriters
- Unemployment Insurance: Understanding Financial Support for Job Loss
- Navigating the Education Requirements for a Career as an Insurance Underwriter