Our Company Promise
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
This role is for a Technology Analyst for Infrastructure Services Delivery Management team, with focus on our telecom expense management.
All of Southwest's People come together to deliver on our Purpose; Connecting People to what's important in their lives through friendly, reliable, and low-cost air travel. This Technology Analyst upholds our Purpose by supporting telecom management, including circuit ordering/management, billing investigations, and monthly statement processing. This role will manage large data volumes as well asproactively anticipate and resolve problems. The Technology Analyst isdetail oriented and a strategic thinker who looks forward to making a meaningful impact on initiatives at Southwest.
Knowledge of service level agreements as well as building processes and procedures may be beneficial to transitioning to this role, but are not required.
U.S. citizenship or current authorization to work in the U.S. required and no current or future work authorization sponsorship available.
This role is offered as a remote workplace position, which may require travel for training, meetings, conferences, etc. Outside of those required visits, the majority of your working time may be spent in a remote location, away from our Corporate Campus. Please note, while this is a remote position, there is a limited group of states or localities ineligible for Employees to regularly perform their work. Those ineligible locations are: Alaska, California, Colorado, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, Washington and Wyoming.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We continue to look for opportunities to reflect the communities we serve, and welcome applicants with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, and experiences.
- Job Summary
- Conduct needs analysis to create quality solutions. Ensure solutions are aligned with stated requirements and comply with departmental standards. Manage activities to ensure solutions are delivered on-time and within budget. Serve as a resource to ensure effective communications to customers or key stakeholders.
- Apply knowledge and skills of analysis, business processes, tools, domains, project methodologies, requirements definitions, and testing to solve a range of problems
- Partner with other Technology Team members to provide advice or solutions within his or her area of expertise
- Stay informed about current developments within his or her expertise
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Estimate effort and value for solutions
- Apply business solutions with broad level knowledge about technology platforms/architectures
- Verify information and carefully review and check the accuracy of own work using dependency identification processes in technology work
- Establish or follow prioritization process to drive work, completing work with a sense of urgency
- Express ideas, business or technical requirements clearly and concisely in writing using appropriate levels of summary and synthesis
- Monitor program risks, issues, and scope proactively, ensuring the appropriate level of priority, visibility and escalation
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient knowledge of business analysis, process modeling and redesign
- Proficient knowledge of technical environments
- Proficient knowledge of software development methodologies
- Skilled in partnering, communication, and negotiation in working with various Teams and/or external partners
- Ability to analyze medium to large Business or technical problems, articulating the problem or root cause, and translating the analysis into viable solution recommendations
- Ability to work effectively in a strong Customer service/team oriented environment
- Ability to research, create, and document requirements, processes, and technical specifications
- Ability to manage and prioritize effectively multiple and widely varied work streams/tasks
- Ability to take on multiple assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible work; able to mentor others to do the same
- Ability to teach and mentor others concerning technical and business subjects
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or related field; or equivalent formal training
- Required: Intermediate-level experience, fully functioning broad knowledge in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or another IT related field
- Preferred Experience
- Telecomm Expense Management
- Analytical experience with large data volumes
- Billing investigations
- Monthly Statement processing
- Physical Abilities
- Ability to perform work duties from [limited space work station/desk/office area] for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate and interact with others in the English language to meet the demands of the job
- Ability to use a computer and other office productivity tools with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job
- Other Qualifications
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines
- Limited travel with potential for increased/decreased travel based upon Technology Department needs
Pay & Benefits:
Competitive market salary from $97,750 per year to $108,600 per year* depending on qualifications and experience. For eligible Leadership and individual contributor roles, additional bonus opportunities are available and awarded at the discretion of the company.
Benefits you'll love:
- Fly for free, as a privilege, on any open seat on all Southwest flights (your eligible
- dependents too)
- Up to a 9.3% 401(k) Company match, dollar for dollar, of your eligible pay, per
- paycheck *
- Potential for annual ProfitSharing contribution toward retirement - when
- Southwest profits, you profit**
- Explore more Benefits you'll love:
*Pay amount does not guarantee employment for any particular period of time.
**401(k) match contributions are subject to the plan's vesting schedule and applicable IRS limits
***ProfitSharing contributions are subject to plan's vesting schedule and are made at"
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save this job description because it won't be available after you apply.