Network Operations Control
Our Company Promise
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
The People of Southwest Airlines come together to deliver on our Purpose, which is to connect People to what's important in their lives through friendly, reliable, and low-cost air travel. The Assistant Dispatcher invests in the future of Southwest's People in their work within Southwest's Network Operations Control (NOC), which is the world-class operations center that functions as the Heart of major operational decisions and coordination. This role works collaboratively with Teams and Leaders in the NOC, in Ground Operations at our stations, and with external partners in order to ensure the Southwest operation is safely and efficiently carried out each day. The Assistant Dispatcher issues VIP information, checks Notice to Air Missions (NOTAMs), notifies affected Dispatchers to NOTAMs of significance, provides off-line diversion support, and more. Join our Team to learn and grow in your expertise each day, be part of an integral and tightknit Team, and drive the future of Southwest Airlines.
- The culture of Southwest Airlines means we value the camaraderie, collaboration, and innovation that occurs when we come together and interact face-to-face at our vibrant Corporate Campus. Due to the nature of this role, you would be required to work from our Dallas, TX headquarters facility during business hours.
- U.S. citizenship or current authorization to work in the U.S. is required, and no current or future work authorization sponsorship available.
- For eligible Leadership and individual contributor roles, additional bonus opportunities are available and awarded at the discretion of the Company.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We continue to look for opportunities to reflect the communities we serve, and welcome applicants with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, and experiences.
- Assist Dispatchers, Superintendents on Duty (SODs), and ATC Specialists with the various on-going, daily flight operations of Southwest Airlines. Acquires knowledge through on-the-job Dispatcher training.
- Perform numerous duties that assist the Dispatchers, including but not limited to:
- Monitor and update communication to internal and external customers.
- Monitor ATC Briefings
- Issue VIP Information
- Check NOTAMs and notifies affected Dispatchers for any NOTAMs of significance
- Provide off-line diversion support.
- Assist with charter flight and maintenance ferry flight permits
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to operate various computer systems (current and emergent), including PCs & SWIFT (SGI hardware) with various software packages
- Ability to type and/or use the computer keyboard with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the current demands of the job
- Ability to master any emergent computer systems that become available for use within the NOC
- Ability to work well with others as part of a Team, professionally interact with other departments
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and under stressful and/or emergency situations
- Ability to use various radio equipment
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to communicate and receive information verbally via radio or multi-line telephone equipment
- Ability to work rotating shifts (24x7) and overtime as required
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Required: 1 year of airline operations or related work experience with a Part 135 or Part 121-air carrier under the Code of Federal Regulations
- Required: FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate
- Ability to perform work duties from (limited space, work station/desk/office area) for extended periods
- Ability to communicate and interact with others in English language to meet the demands of the job
- Ability to use a computer and other office productivity tools with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be at least 23 years of age to meet the FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate requirements
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines
Benefits you'll love:
- Fly for free, as a privilege, on any open seat on all Southwest flights-your eligible dependents too.
- Up to a 9.3% 401(k) Company match, dollar for dollar, per paycheck.**
- Potential for annual ProfitSharing contribution toward retirement - when Southwest profits, you profit.***
- Explore more Benefits you'll love: swa.is/benefits
**401(k) match contributions are subject to the plan's vesting schedule and applicable IRS limits
***ProfitSharing contributions are subject to plan's vesting schedule and are made at the discretion of the Company
$3,544.17Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save this job description because it won't be available after you apply.
Similar jobs near me
- Exploring the Income Potential of an Insurance Underwriter
- Understanding the Role of an Underwriter in Insurance
- Navigating the Job Market: Tips for Insurance Underwriters
- Unemployment Insurance: Understanding Financial Support for Job Loss
- Navigating the Education Requirements for a Career as an Insurance Underwriter