Manager, Enterprise Services (Open to Remote)
BE A MAKER
At Simpson Strong-Tie, there's a common thread connecting the people who work here: the drive to make things better and figure out how to get it done. We call it the Maker mindset. For over 60 years, our employees have fostered a collaborative workplace where people are engaged in creative thinking from the first day on the job onward. No matter what role you're in - from production, to sales, to engineering - you'll contribute to the growth and success of the company by having a Maker mindset.
When you think of the best a family has to offer - support, collaboration and respect - that's what we value. When there's a win, we'll cheer you on. When there's a snag, coworkers step in to help you out. Working on solutions together is just the way we do things here, and that creates an atmosphere that often feels like home.
You'll work alongside talented, passionate, dedicated, humble and genuinely kind people who are all contributing to our shared mission: to provide solutions that help people design and build safer, stronger structures. It's this mission and our strong people-focused values that have made Simpson Strong-Tie a unique place to work - a place where you can connect, create and build your career. We invite you to learn more about our culture and why our employees are our most loyal customers.
You want to be an important member of a strong team of other makers who take pride in their work and support each other. As the Manager, Enterprise Services, you will manage the staff and services that support the Residential Construction - Multi-family market segment. You will do this by being the technical lead for Enterprise Services; providing quality oversight of work generated in the Multi-Family segment of Enterprise Services to ensure compliance with established guidelines and workflows; and manage a team of exceptional professionals to support and grow the services provided to Simpson Strong-Tie customers. You will ensure services meet sales strategy through regular interaction with service partners and sales teams, resolve non-conformance issues, implement service improvements, and collaborate with the software development team on improvements to service related applications.
If career growth is important to you, we not only know how to help you with that, it's what we love to do: https://youtu.be/PUqzuWryYcU.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING (% of Time)
Manage services supporting Residential Construction - Multi-family market segment by providing technical support, quality assurance, product training and project coordination with service partners. (50%)
Oversee and direct the timely implementation of new Enterprise Services or continuous improvements to or modifications to existing services ( 20%)
Oversee resolution of non-conformance reported by service partners related to services managed. (10%)
Manage the evaluation and implement of requests for improvements from service partners related to services managed. (10%)
Develop requirements to enhance software related to services managed. (10%)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you can do everything listed above, you've got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- Bachelors of Science in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering from a four-year college or university required.
- Licensed Civil Engineer (P.E.)
- 2 years coursework and/or structural design experience including steel, timber and reinforced concrete structures.
- Experience in the design of multi-family residential projects.
- Knowledge: Practical working knowledge of common timber, concrete and steel construction methods. Familiarity with Simpson products is a plus.
- Reading Comprehension/Speaking/Writing: Ability to read and interpret documents such as architectural and structural plans, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Reasoning: Effective analytical, technical, and problem solving skills. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Organization: Strong organizational skills. Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Team Player: Demonstrated ability to motivate and work with team members. Must be able to connect, interface, and communicate well with a variety of internal partners in sales, marketing, IT, quality, production and engineering.
- Communication: Strong communication skills needed, as clear communication is required to effectively deliver projects to customers as well as direct and train staff engineers.
- Software: Frequently used software includes: Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access as well as other software including AutoCAD, SAP2000, Revit, Bluebeam and Adobe Acrobat pdf viewers preferred. Simpson Strong-Tie web apps are often used as tools for design. Basic programming knowledge in VBA (Excel and AutoCAD) or MATLAB is a plus.
This position requires domestic and international travel up to 10% of the time.
Work Status & Location
This full-time, exempt position is located in McKinney, TX and may be available for remote work. Posted pay range is based upon national average and may vary depending on geographical work location.
Relocation is not available for this position.
$99300 - $134100 / year
REWARDS AT SIMPSON STRONG-TIE
We recognize and reward employees with a carefully designed and comprehensive rewards package, including competitive compensation, quarterly bonuses or commission and first-rate benefits. May exclude some positions, such as seasonal jobs.
- Quarterly Bonuses/Commission: You will be eligible for either a bonus or commission, paid on a quarterly basis. We believe all employees affect customers, sales and revenue - directly or indirectly - and should be rewarded by sharing the company profits.
- Benefits: We provide a wide range of benefits for eligible full-time employees including: medical, dental, vision, retirement contributions, employee stock purchase and bonus plans, pay for holidays, vacation, sick days, funerals and jury duty, years of service awards, employee discounts, employee referral bonuses, charitable contribution matching, education reimbursement and more.
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test. Simpson Strong-Tie's drug policy is based upon Federal Law, and therefore will screen applicants for amphetamines, including methamphetamines, cocaine, marijuana/THC, phencyclidine, and opiates.
#NowHiring #GetHired #Hiring #HiringNow