Implementation and Optimization Manager - Remote
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The Manager, Implementation and Optimization, is tasked with the optimization and standardization of the business processes under their responsibility. This individual will work with operations leaders, process engineers, vendors, and other stakeholders (IS, PMO, Compliance, etc.) to identify issues, drive resolution and set strategic direction.
The Manager, Implementation and Optimization, will have the overall responsibility for designing and implementing solutions to meet business objectives, such as application implementation and process optimization, for the revenue cycle process under their responsibility. This individual will develop and maintain applicable P&P and process maps, perform gap & variance analysis to identify areas for improvement, lead implementation projects, and hold operators accountable for the compliance to key processes and metrics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Work with Operations and other key business units to drive Process Optimization including application deployment
- Design, build and track any changes to the Process Maps and P&P, including development and oversight on training.
- Identify & initiate improvement projects (calculate ROI, create charters and SRs, and prioritize against other projects)
- Assess, Test and Measure Process performance to expectations.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the non-operational business units, such as BPI, IT/IS, IBS, Training, BPO, etc.
- Manage vendors’ performance, identify their full capabilities and assist with governance.
- Support External Audit Requests including preparation, audit proceedings, and report out/follow up
- Complete special projects and provide project support as requested by management
This position does not carry out supervisory responsibilities
No. Direct Reports (incl. titles) Less than 5 Manager / Specialist Level
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent working knowledge of Patient Financial Services operations with specific focus on applicable discipline.
- Strong collaboration and persuasion skills to coordinate work efforts across multiple departments
- Ability to work and coordinate workforces across multiple geographic locations
- Proven ability to execute on operational initiatives to drive results
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with the ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences from senior executives to front-line employees
- Knowledge of AR management technology tools being utilized to deliver on key performance metrics and improve cost/EBIT (claims clearinghouses, advanced AR management workflow tools, advanced call center technology, disputed claims management)
- Ability to analyze data among multiple reports to determine areas for opportunity
- Advanced knowledge of process metrics (cycle times, attrition rates, etc.) and how they can be used in the healthcare revenue cycle environment
- Extensive knowledge of revenue cycle metrics and drivers, particularly in billing and collections (AR days, cash goals, aging, compliance metrics)
- Knowledge of healthcare regulatory rules and how they apply to revenue cycle operations and outsourcing service providers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Excel, Access, Visio, etc…
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- 4-year college degree in Healthcare Administration, Business or related area or equivalent experience
- 2 – 6 years of experience in Healthcare Administration or Business Office
- Lean, Six Sigma or other process improvement certification is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Ability to travel
- Includes ability to walk through hospital-based departments across broad campus settings, including Emergency Department environments
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Hospital Work Environment
- Approximately 50% travel may be required