Revenue Cycle Management Specialist Remote
Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation's largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
At Option Care Health we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements:
As a leading healthcare provider, we have an undeniable responsibility to protect the health and safety of our patients, customers and team members.
Option Care Health requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. If you are offered and accept a position, your employment will be contingent upon proof of vaccination, or approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required during the onboarding process; application for medical or religious accommodations will be required to be submitted within 5 business days of start date. If medical and/or religious accommodation requests are denied, you must take steps to be fully vaccinated, or your employment will be terminated.
Job Description Summary:Hiring Range From $17+/hr Responsible for the timely, accurate submission of invoices to responsible payer, of any type, for all services and products provided. Evaluates payments received and application to the patient account. Follows-up with responsible parties to ensure the receipt of timely, accurate payments. Assists with Billing and Collection Training and completes "second level" appeals to payers.
- Submits timely, accurate invoices to payer for products and services provided. Understands the terms and fee schedule for all contracts for which invoices are submitted. Correctly determines quantities and prices for drugs billed. Verifies that the services and products are correctly authorized and that required documentation is on file. Ensures that invoices are submitted for services and products that are properly ordered and confirmed as provided.
- Evaluates payments received for correctness and applies payments accurately to the system. Verifies that payments received are correct according to the fee schedule. Applies the payment correctly to the patient account. Ensures that secondary bills and patient invoices are mailed within 48 hours of receipt of payment. Notifies the Reimbursement Manager if there are overpayments and/or duplicate payments for the same service. Transfers payments belonging to other offices within 48 hours of receipt.
- Follows up on invoices submitted to ensure prompt and timely payment. Calls to verify that claims submitted were received and are in processing. Sends letters to the patient or responsible party when their insurance carrier fails to make payment reasonable time frame. Generates and mails statements and collections letters. Follows-up on all denials within 48 hours of receipt.
- Ensures compliance with policies and guidelines outlined in the contract terms and fee schedule. Follows HIPPA guidelines when accessing and sharing patient information to maintain patient and business confidentiality.
Supervisory Responsibilities: i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 0 – 6 months previous Infusion Reimbursement or Intake/Admissions experience
Basic Qualifications & Interests:
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Due to some state pay transparency laws, below is the minimum pay for the position:
Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.Minimum pay is $17.18+
-Paid Time off
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Posted: Mar 15, 2023
Similar jobs near me
- Exploring the Income Potential of an Insurance Underwriter
- Understanding the Role of an Underwriter in Insurance
- Navigating the Job Market: Tips for Insurance Underwriters
- Unemployment Insurance: Understanding Financial Support for Job Loss
- Navigating the Education Requirements for a Career as an Insurance Underwriter