Data Analytics Summer Intern I - Undergraduate
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Information Technology Intern students will gain real-world work experience in their academic field. During the summer months, interns will engage in challenging projects evolving around the rapidly changing healthcare tech industry. Interns will be paired with industry professionals and mentors and will be given opportunities to stretch their skills and enrich their knowledge base to achieve a greater understanding within Technology. If the intern performs well throughout the internship, there will be opportunities for fulltime employment once the intern undergraduates.
Interns will participate in activities to enhance connection to the company as a whole and encourage personal growth. Some of these activities include:
- Formal onboarding event for all students to ensure integration to the organization and program
- A one on one mentorship with a leader for the duration of the program
- Cadenced Learning series to build student s acumen and focus on learning the business
- Opportunities to grow and develop through social and networking event
What we are looking for:
Analytics Interns will be assigned to a specific group within Digital and Information Technology based on skill set and need of the business. Undergraduate students should have experience and education in:
- Python, R, Java, C/C++, C#, Angular, HTML
- Working on public cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Knowledge of SAS SQL Databases, database modeling and other Querying languages
- Experience in writing solutions using Python & SQL
- Text Analytics and Natural Language Processing, Sequence Labeling
- Knowledge of Data science & Artificial Intelligence/Machine learning, Probabilistic and Statistical Learning Methods
- Strong communication and cross functional collaboration skills
The Summer 2022 Internship will take place from June 6th August 12th. This is a remote opportunity. The ideal person will possess the willingness and capacity to learn quickly and apply new knowledge. They will also have proven analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication abilities. We are in search of an energetic self-starter with a willingness to work hard, take on significant and multiple responsibilities, and with dedication towards excellence and achieving results. We want to hear from you!
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate-level degree-seeking program in applied math, statics, scientific computing, data and analytics, business analytics, or related field
- Junior or Senior undergraduate student with a graduation date between August 2023 to May 2024.
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be available to participate in the intern program from June to August.
- Advanced user of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Similar jobs near me
- Exploring the Income Potential of an Insurance Underwriter
- Understanding the Role of an Underwriter in Insurance
- Navigating the Job Market: Tips for Insurance Underwriters
- Unemployment Insurance: Understanding Financial Support for Job Loss
- Navigating the Education Requirements for a Career as an Insurance Underwriter