Digital Academy Program Internship
Our internship experience is a 10-week full-time opportunity that starts on June 5th, 2023, and concludes on August 11th, 2023. The official hire date will be May 31st, 2023.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive, and patient focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering an innovative approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
You will gain valuable work experience and participate in:
- Projects that contribute to the success of our business
- Community service activities
Professional development workshops
Mentorship and networking opportunities
- Interaction with senior leaders
- And our corporate interns have an increased likelihood to receive an offer for a future role with CVS Health.
CVS Health Digital is developing a smart, connected, and enjoyable digital health care experience. By creating and utilizing innovative software products, we can create innovative digital solutions that will make healthcare more accessible, more integrated, and more reliable for people, in stores and virtually via mobile applications or web.
The Digital Academy Program Internship offers a 10-week summer internship opportunity for passionate, driven rising college seniors who would like to gain rich experiences in digital technology production by joining a high energy and growing team to make a difference in customers' lives and who want to be on the ground floor of digital innovation that aims to reinvent what a health care company can be.
The Digital Academy internship participants will have exposure to various areas of digital production represented by different functions in Digital (e.g., Agile Transformation Office, Analytics, Customer Success & Operations, Product Management, and Strategy).
Potential intern placement opportunities in Digital Functional areas (assigned based on business need, interests & previous experiences) include Product, Design, Customer Success & Operations (CS&O), MarTech, and Agile Transformation Office (ATO).
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
- Meet educational requirements (see education section)
Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships across diverse teams.
Strong research, analytical, written communication, and oral presentation skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated leadership experience. Examples include active roles in student or social organization activities, sports, or school or work-related projects
- Previous internship, co-op, or project experience in relevant areas (strategy, management consulting, digital, software, healthcare, retail)
Demonstrated leadership experience.
Well organized and able to work under pressure and prioritize among multiple projects with limited supervision.
- Adaptability and flexibility for a dynamic work environment.
- Experienced in collaboration tools (e.g., Air table, Rally, Microsoft Teams, Confluence, Miro, etc.)
- Experience presenting in front of high-level stakeholders and ability to support preparation of presentations for leadership
- Entrepreneurial with knowledge or interest in the startup or tech landscape
- Use of ServiceNow or other defect tracking tools
- Knowledge of Web based debug tools
- Prior internship, co-op, or project experience in relevant areas (business, retail, healthcare, IT, digital, software)
- Technology savvy with an eye for continually improving customer experience
- Have an interest in obtaining a full-time position within CVS Health upon graduation
Work visa sponsorship is not available for this role. This includes participation in Curricular Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (OPT), and F-1 Visa programs.
Be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
Have an anticipated graduation date between September 2023 and August 2024
- Have a major, minor or concentration relevant to the position. Examples include Computer Science, Digital technology, Data Analytics, Information Technology, Business, Healthcare, Marketing, etc.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.