Service Installation Engineer - Houston (Remote)
At FANUC America Corporation we are passionate about our customers, our employees, and the work we perform. We maintain a workplace where individuals can be proud of, where talents are embraced, and results are encouraged and supported. We are looking for talented people who value integrity, informed decision-making and collaboration. If you believe you are one of those talented people, and are interested in being considered for a career at FANUC America, we invite you to apply today! FANUC America Corporation provides the most complete range of industry-leading robotics, CNC and motion control systems, and ROBODRILL machining centers. Our innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas to be more efficient, reliable and profitable.
We are currently searching for a dynamic, Service Installation Engineer Houston - (Remote) to provide FANUC Robotics' America customers with on-site repair, troubleshooting, programming or maintenance services for FANUC robots and related system on an emergency or unscheduled basis.
The remote service engineer will be located in the Houston TX area reporting to our Houston office. The Field Service Engineer must be able to travel to a customer site on moment's notice to perform the troubleshooting and repair functions. Assignments may involve long hours, night, weekend, and holiday work. Air travel is sometimes required. Upon the completion of the call a Service Report describing the problem, the corrective action and detailing the labor, material and travel expense costs is provided to the customer and then returned to Rochester Hills for processing.
The Service Installation Engineer must be able to travel to a customer site on a moment's notice and remain onsite for the duration of time required to perform the troubleshooting and repair functions.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Discuss, diagnosis, and repair robot operational and process problems as reported by the customer or internal service hotline.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain FANUC Robots and controllers, electrical control devices, and peripheral equipment.
- Document FANUC products and related peripheral equipment performance, failure modes and reporting results for the purpose of troubleshooting, repairing, and restarting the system.
- Provide daily reports to the Service Supervisor & Dispatch to update status & availability.
- Complete Field Service reports for each customer call/visit.
- Maintain a service tool kit and documentation to facilitate rapid customer response.
- Perform warranty service on FANUC products.
- Coordinate responsibilities, activities, and schedule with Service Supervisor to ensure customer satisfaction, proper billing, and support collections activities.
- Communicate frequently with involved FANUC America employees and customer employees to ensure that expectations are being met.
- Return of parts shipped for the service call but not purchased by the customer or defective parts replaced under warranty.
- Work out of a home office for coordinating activities and supporting customer through the Hotline in between service calls.
Ideal candidate will have the following experience/skills and education:
- Associates degree in a related technical field, or equivalent technical education, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience working in an automation/manufacturing environment.
- Minimum three years' experience in robotics integration, installation, or service.
- Mechanical, electrical and pneumatic troubleshooting, teardown, and repair experience.
- Previous experience with FANUC application software and programming is highly preferred.
- Expert in reading and interpreting electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic prints and related technical documentation.
- Ability to read and interpret PLC ladder logic.
- Previous experience with FANUC robots, controllers, and peripheral equipment on RJ3iB, R30iA, and R30iB control platforms is highly preferred.
- Previous experience with common robot applications (spot welding, arc welding, material handling).
We offer market competitive pay and benefits programs, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development, and recognition of individual achievements. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Program
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Benefit Dollars
- Generous Holiday & Vacation Program