Google Cloud Architect- Google Cloud Platform Experience
For nearly 50 years, Michaels has been the destination where Makers get inspired, learn, shop, and create. We strive to cultivate an inclusive shopping environment for all Makers and work environment for all Team Members, providing a place of belonging and empowering everyone to bring their creative dreams to life. At Michaels, every Team Member is encouraged to hone their craft with opportunities for personal and professional growth. From our Stores and Distribution Centers to Artistree and our Support Center, our best-in-class team is passionate about leaving the world a better, more creative place by contributing to every make .
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better together.The Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Architect is part of the DevOps team responsible for providing technical leadership to recommend cloud strategies for cloud cost optimization and the overall quality of the enterprise cloud environment. The candidate must have hands-on experience evaluating and implementing cloud strategies and program architecture. This includes architecture design, development, building, and automating secure cloud-based applications, as well as migrations of existing workloads to public clouds. You will focus on reviewing the current GCP setup and provide recommendations for better performance and efficiency. The candidate will have a broad technical background, a solid understanding of applicable technologies, and possess technical expertise in the areas as - PaaS, Compute Engine, Cloud Storage, Cloud Run, Cloud Security awareness, SRE practice concepts, and Google Cloud services cluster architecture. This person is patient, has excellent time-management skills, and practices of effective communication style, especially with senior executive stakeholders.
- Develops well-architected data solutions, optimized for cost, operations, performance, reliability, and security
- Consult and be a subject matter expert to build/migrate applications, resolve technical deployment obstacles, and improve the use of the Google Cloud Platform
- Develops Reusable Patterns for application development in the public cloud to deploy and modernize applications, provide governance around adoption, and affect application development teams on roadmaps and designs
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting the cloud optimization practice and make recommendations on reserved capacity strategy, utilization optimization opportunities, product architectural recommendations to promote cost savings, and discounts for optimization
- Translates complex ideas, technology, and programs into language senior management can relate to and performs as a key influencer on technical decisions that affect the business on a long-term basis
- Provide hands-on guidance in supporting the App Dev team with their target platform-specific project needs
- Architect, design, and implement plans for deploying complex application workloads on the Google Cloud Platform
- Understand how to best manage cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines and controls
- Consult and be a subject matter expert for internal stakeholders to build/migrate applications, resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve the use of the Google Cloud Platform
- Drive the specific platform analysis, design, and development of a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in line with best practice viewpoints
- Oversee and interface with the developers to design, develop, test, and implement critical functionality and POCs
- Mentor and works with both senior and junior developers and architects to bring them up to speed on cloud architectures, including modern programming languages, microservices, and container-based deployments.
Other duties as assigned
- BS in Computer Science or related field. Master s degree preferred.
Minimum Special Certifications or Technical Skills
- Proficient in at least two or more software languages (e.g. Python, Java, Go, etc.) with respect to designing, coding, testing, and software delivery
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Google's product technology and underlying architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing, determining the root cause for customer-reported issues, and building tools for faster diagnosis
- Experience leading large-scale network migrations to Google Cloud Platform (i.e. Google Cloud Load Balancing, DNS, Interconnect, CDN, Compute, Networking, Storage, DR, Security, Monitoring, etc.)
- Experience with public cloud architecture, Cloud strategy, networking, security, compliance workload types, migration patterns, and tools
- Knowledge of cloud design patterns, cloud operations, and cloud cost models with experience implementing best practices or suggested improvements
- Experience in Agile, DevOps, and secure coding practices
Minimum Type of Experience the Job Requires
- 10-15 years of experience leading complex Software Engineering and Architecture initiatives
- Google Professional Cloud Architect certification highly preferred Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience presenting technical ideas in business-friendly language.
- Collaborate with technology teams to incorporate cost management best practices into cloud platforms via tagging, alerting, and configurations that support financial monitoring of cloud platforms.
Applicants in the U.S. must satisfy federal, state, and local legal requirements of the job.
To review a comprehensive list of benefits, please visit
CA, CO, CT, WA, RI and select New York cities only - To review pay ranges for the position you are applying for, please visit .
Michaels is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with this commitment, Michaels will assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if a reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the job, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Customer Care at 1-800-642-4235 (1800-MICHAEL).